A day after burglars made off with priceless jewels from a German museum, pressure is growing on police to find the culprits. One big reason:
(Reuters) — The San Francisco startup that invented the groundbreaking Juul e-cigarette had a central goal during its development: captivating users with the first hit.
Insurance carriers and agents are applauding a House committee vote advancing a bipartisan measure to renew the federal terrorism reinsurance program.
Tokio Marine Holdings Inc. has agreed to buy U.S. high net worth insurer Privilege Underwriters Inc. and its specialty insurance subsidiaries, known as Pure Group, for $3.1 billion (approximately JPY 325.5B).
Travelers have jumped on board a class action complaint aimed at United Airlines over claims that the company pockets an illegal kickback from third-party insurers featured on its website.
DEALING WITH THE IMPACT of a natural disaster such as a hurricane, fire or earthquake can be stress-inducing and traumatic. And though policyholders tend to expect insurance companies to seamlessly fix any natural disaster-related destruction once a claim is filed, that’s not always the case. In fact, consumers often make filing mistakes that cost them thousands of dollars. Without carefully reading the fine print, you may be underinsured or need to pay for coverage out of pocket.
Every year, millions of American consumers — nearly 7% of the population — are victims of scams and fraud. In 2017, the number of fraud victims in the US reached 16.7 million, with $16.8 billion lost.
by Elana Ashanti Jefferson Published in Propertycasualty360.com
- Rear automatic braking applies a vehicle’s brakes to prevent a rear collision when backing up. (Shutterstock)
- Backup cameras provide drivers with a clear view directly behind their vehicle. (Bloomberg)
- Rear cross traffic alerts warn drivers of a potential rear collision that may be outside the view of their backup camera. Here, Hong Bae, director of advanced drive assistance systems (ADAS) and self-driving at Faraday Future, speaks during the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). (Bloomberg)
- Traffic jam assist automatically accelerates and brakes a vehicle along with the flow of traffic, and keeps the vehicle between lane markings — even on curves. (Shutterstock)
- Highway pilot maintains a vehicle’s lane position and a determined following distance from the vehicle in front by automatically accelerating and braking as needed.
Read about the use of technology to quickly assess property damage after a natural catastrophe.
Do you need flood insurance? Read the attached article and find out why Flood insurance is so important.
The Mogil Organization is pleased to announce that J. Zamzok & Associates Inc. have moved into our office at 116 East 27th Street 9th Floor New York, N.Y. 10016. As of April 1, 2019 they will be affiliated with The Mogil Organization LLC.