by Elana Ashanti Jefferson Published in Propertycasualty360.com
- Rear automatic braking applies a vehicle’s brakes to prevent a rear collision when backing up. (Shutterstock)
- Backup cameras provide drivers with a clear view directly behind their vehicle. (Bloomberg)
- Rear cross traffic alerts warn drivers of a potential rear collision that may be outside the view of their backup camera. Here, Hong Bae, director of advanced drive assistance systems (ADAS) and self-driving at Faraday Future, speaks during the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). (Bloomberg)
- Traffic jam assist automatically accelerates and brakes a vehicle along with the flow of traffic, and keeps the vehicle between lane markings — even on curves. (Shutterstock)
- Highway pilot maintains a vehicle’s lane position and a determined following distance from the vehicle in front by automatically accelerating and braking as needed.